When I visited The Field, for my Twelve Months in an Essex Field painting project, a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a number of twigs blown from the trees by the storm force winds. Just like I did in January, I popped them into a jam-jar and drew them. This is the result – February Findings.
The jar has been standing on the mantlepiece since then, and yesterday I noticed something about it . . .
The willow twigs, which I’d picked up off the ground and assumed were dead, were opening their claw shaped bud casings into ‘pussy-willow’ buds! And not only that, but they have all rooted!! So I now have three potential willow trees . . . . 🙂