This is the last tiny drawing of snippings brought home from my field.
This time it was seed heads from Common Knapweed, Wild Carrot, Agrimony, and – I think – Wild Parsnip. As they were all dried anyway they have been sitting in a jam-jar since I made my last field visit over a fortnight ago, and I only got round to drawing them last night!
I had planned to re-photograph all twelve of the snippings drawings today. Although they are all drawn on the same paper with the same pencil – 18cm square of Bockingford, and a 2B lead in a propelling pencil – the drawings look totally different colours as the light conditions differed so much during the year as I have photographed them month by month. However, today did not co-operate with my plan! It never really got light. Dark and overcast all day long. I will try again tomorrow . . . when we are forecast snow. Snow light would be excellent.
My last little extra painting was of a few twigs of Spindle in a Tiptree jam-jar. I finished it over a month ago, but have just realised I’ve never posted it! So here it is . . .
So that is the whole project Twelve Months in an Essex Field finished! On New Year’s Eve I will be blogging some reflections on the year.
I hope you all managed to have a reasonably good Christmas, despite all the restrictions. Today I decided that was it! – the decorations and cards all came down, and the tree is now back out in the garden!
I had a clear up and started planning my next year’s painting project in a bit more detail. I’ve been thinking about it for weeks, and have settled on a big project, a smaller project and a new technique to learn. Roll on the new year! Pop back in on 1st January for all the details!